There are many forms of binding. Depends on the needs of the leader and the purpose of use The design of the work for binding work must take into account the layout of the paper. Margins and Binding Distance To bring to a binding The work file must be consistent with the desired binding.
There are 6 types of binding:
- Head glue binding Suitable for printing type, tear book, bill, paper, or note paper that can be torn into sheets The binding of this head glue can be done from 50 sheets or more. Popular paper is used to glue the head glue, ie pound paper.
- Binding with glue Niemem is used in printing jobs that require binding to magazines, catalogs, photobooks, textbooks, annual reports and journals. The number of pages suitable for gluing is 30 -150 pages or the thickness of the ridge starts from 5 cm in thickness. Of popular paper, used to bind glue from 70 – 160 gsm
- Binding with glue planing Is a binding, which must be arranged in a roofing pattern, divided into small volumes and stitched with thread first Then bring the glue again This type of binding makes the work that is strong, firm, and not easily broken. Commonly used in printing jobs that require binding to magazines, catalogs, photobooks and textbooks. The number of pages suitable for gluing is 150 pages onwards. Or the thickness of the ridge, starting from 5 cm. The thickness of the popular paper is used to bind the glue from 70 – 160 gsm.
- Binding, mapping, roofing Popular in printing with a small number of pages in this type of binding, it must be divisible by 4, ie starting with the number of pages. 8,12,16,20,24,28 pages. The thickness of the popular paper is used to bind the roof from 70 – 260 gsm, commonly used in printing applications that require binding, food menu, catalog, school book, notebook and journal
- Pin binding Is the binding of 2 to 4 rivets according to the suitability of the book Binding, pinning, popularly used in printing jobs that require binding to food menu types and product catalogs The number of pages suitable for pins is 20 pages onwards. The thickness of popular paper is used to bind pins from 160 to 350 gsm. The binding of this pin must be spaced for use in pins about 2 cm.
- Looping Is a binding by punching holes in the work in the same row For use in looping, with a similar edge to the binding, which is commonly used in printing jobs that require binding, notebooks, planner notebooks, food menus and catalogs The number of pages that are suitable for looping is 8 pages onwards. The thickness of the popular paper comes into the loop from 160 to 350 grams.